Sport fishing restrictions in the ISR
The following waters are closed to fishing:
- The Big Fish River and its tributaries
The following waters are catch and release only:
- The Hornaday River and its tributaries for Arctic char
- Waters within 500 meters of the centreline of the Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk highway.
- In addition to the sport fishing regulations, there are voluntary guidelines requested by the communities to support the management and conservation of the fish populations in the area.
Sport fishing is not encouraged in the following waters:
- The Kuujjua River system from its mouth, up to and including Fish Lakes
- Husky Lakes and waters within 10 kilometres of the centreline of the Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk highway, during April 10-June 1 and August 15-October 15; outside of those dates, catch and release only fishing is recommended.